Monday, May 2, 2011

Playstation Network (Still) Down

Hopefully you don't rely on this blog for updates on what's going on in the world of the video games, but in case you do (hi Mom!) - you should probably know that the Playstation Network has been down for about a week now.  This means that no online features are available, or online play (like, co-op in Portal 2, for example), can't access the PSStore (to spend money I don't have).  And there may have been some accidental leaking of personal data, like where I live and stuff - but nothing that wasn't already leaked by the Texas Comptroller's office.  Sony assures me that credit card numbers were encrypted, but I dare the hackers to try to use that card to buy anything more than a hot dog.

So today, Playstation released some presses (it was actually yesterday, but I was asleep) - saying that as sort of a "sorry" that users would be getting a month free of the Playstation Plus, and some mystery content (or maybe a choice between several types, as is rumored by the internet).  This is kind of exciting, because despite my rant about Playstation Plus, I actually kind of love free stuff - especially getting a trial at something.  This might be the sort of thing I angle to get for my birthday.

In the meanwhile, I've been trying my hand at Dragon Age II, and borrowing it is not going to work out - I'm going to have to own this eventually, because I already know I want to play it AGAIN, and I'm barely a couple hours in.

Did you want to buy me something?  That's so sweet.  You can check out my Amazon wishlist here: http://amzn.com/w/1HLFDVW8GNHV2.

No comments:

Post a Comment